As a responsible Danish workplace, we are inspired by the 10 principles of the UN Global Compact in the areas of human rights, labor rights, the environment and anti-corruption. We work with the 17 global goals and we systematize our work towards an ISO-14001 certification, which we expect to achieve in 2020.
We set ambitious goals and move forward. Therefore, we are also working towards becoming ISO-50001 certified in 2022.
Working conditions and working environment
For us, working conditions and working environment are crucial factors in running a healthy business. Therefore, we attach great importance to ensuring good and safe physical and mental working conditions for our employees. We, of course, follow all applicable rules in this area and, among other things, prepare annual workplace assessments so that we can constantly improve. The Danish Working Environment Authority has reviewed our working environment and has given us a Green Smiley.
We show social responsibility in all employment matters and employ skilled labor and have employees in flex jobs and wage subsidies. Our staff is professionally organized and we have a much higher proportion of apprentices, always approx. 15% than required by law. We are a member of the Danish Industry and follow the Industry Agreement, which ensures that all employees have orderly conditions and conditions.
We want to always move forward and it is important with new inputs and ideas. That is why we often collaborate with students from Aalborg University and UCN on development projects in energy optimization, sales and marketing, production optimization, HR and management. In addition, we have completed a major health project for all employees focusing on diet, smoking, alcohol, exercise and stress.
Quality and ISO certification
We produce products of the highest quality, which have a long shelf life and the longest service life of the industry. Our products are reliable and manufactured according to a number of ISO certifications. We have a DS/EN ISO 9001:2015 quality management system, which ensures a uniform product quality and efficient work processes. In addition, we have a number of welding certifications such as DS/EN ISO 9606-2 for the construction of tanks according to EN 13094:2015 as required by ADR 2017, DS/EN ISO 10042:2005 for arc welding of joints in aluminum and its alloys and DS/EN ISO 13445-4: 2017 for the design and manufacture of pressure tanks. In addition, we are ISO certified according to the standard DS/EN ISO 3834-2:2005, so that we meet quality requirements for melt welding of metallic materials.
In addition to the ISO certifications, we work with LEAN management to ensure that we constantly optimize our production processes.
Environment and climate
We have already made numerous improvements in the company, all of which help to make the company greener. We are not done at all, but we are well underway. We have greatly reduced our energy consumption, converted our electricity into renewable energy and carried out a number of digitization projects, which also have a positive effect on the climate.
- 100% of our electricity comes from renewable energy sources such as hydropower and wind energy in Denmark and Norway.
- We have invested one million in a new paint booth and an industrial gas plant (LPG), which has halved energy consumption for heating and reduced CO2 emissions by 13% and S2 by 97% and NOX by 65%.
- Lighting in production halls and office buildings is 100% LED.
- New frequency controlled compressor has reduced electricity consumption by approx. 30%.
- The consumption of district heating has been halved via district heating control.
- All caloriferes have been cleansed and replaced with newer more efficient models.
- 8 smaller heat pumps have been installed to supplement heating.
- Electric water heaters have been installed instead of oil water heaters in the assembly hall.
- New faucets have been installed in bathrooms and toilets.
- Two new low pressure ventilation systems with heat recovery and frequency control have been installed.
- All local exhaust ventilations have been sealed.
- All gates have been sealed.
- Ceiling have been insulated over all paint booths.
- Reduced consumption of paint by 20% when switching to better products.
- Purchase of new welding appliances that use less power.
- Washing places are connected to wells with oil separators.
- We sort waste for recycling incl. steel, stainless steel, aluminum and flammable material.
- 90% of cardboard and cardboard boxes are recycled for shipments.
- We only use transporters that at least comply with the EU5 standard.
- All vehicles have been replaced with new models that run twice as far on the liter, which applies to both forklifts and company cars.
- New forklifts, pallet trucks, sweepers, tractors and heavy duty truck with lower emmisions have been purchased.
- Floors painted bright to improve working environment.
- New noise-reducing walls built with Troldtekt acoustic panels.
We have completed a number of digitization projects that also help save energy consumption, and we are embarking on a major digitization journey. So far this has meant that we have:
- Reduced paper consumption in our work processes.
- Increased productivity in our production using digital technical documentation.
- Reduced production delays by implementing electronic stock scanning system with bar codes.
- Reduced unnecessary driving on urgent orders.